I love having a son. Not only do I get surprise hugs and kisses, I get to play with his toys too. And one of his toys that I really like to play with is called Livelock from Japan — a DIY building block/assembling system. What I really love about these building blocks is that they challenge the boundaries of your imagination. The space is the limit. With only 68 parts (for Livelock First Step 1 set), we have created as many as XXX-number of plants, animals, robots, buildings, construction vehicles, cars, aeroplanes, helicopters, etc. Sometimes I feel like Santa Claus — coming up with different toys albeit with the same parts. You can build anything with these interlocking blocks!
There are plenty of educational building block systems in the market like Lego, Tinker Toys, LePao (similar to Livelock), etc. All with the purpose of stimulating imagination, introducing creativity, enhancing critical thinking and teaching problem solving in children. It seems this assembling system blocks was developed by the German company LASY.
There are many Livelock models like First Step 1, 2, 3, 4, Petit Live, Basic set, Wonder set, Universal set, etc. They also come in different sizes and number of pieces. The one in this review is Livelock First Step 1 pastel colour.
There are a number of specific parts which a builder needs to create an infinite number of items. The parts that came with this set: H-shape blocks, A-shape blocks, 2 basic plates, wheels, shafts/square and round tubes/connectors.
- HOURS OF FUN! This fun interlocking building blocks will occupy your children’s time and imagination as they set out to create the perfect robot, aeroplane, bulldozer, etc. Your little ones will never get bored as they continuously create and re-create!
- FOSTER IMPORTANT SKILLS! To get the perfect robot, your children will use their brain and develop important problem-solving skills, logic and hand-eye coordination skills! It also fosters creativity, encourages learning of mechanics and engineering in young boys and girls as well as independent play. Although it seems easy to build something with the blocks, it is quite challenging and requires imagination to build. These colorful blocks is a playful way to build your child’s creative skills and imagination. Not to mention that it is a fun way to learn colors and shapes as well.
- PARENT-CHILD BONDING TIME! Spend quality time with your child building animals and helicopters. Create memories that will last a lifetime!
- ENCOURAGE LEARNING. Hands-on is the way to go to encourage interest in learning, especially engineering in this case.
- DURABLE. The pieces are designed to withstand rough play. Your child can explore their wild imagination with this high quality innovative building set.
- PRICEY! This set costs over $31.
- These fun interlocking building blocks also come in small parts. Small children have to be supervised.
They say a picture is worth a 1000 words. I will let these pictures of a few models that I have built speak for themselves.